ENGAGEMENT PHOTOGRAPHY IN HAMPSHIRE
COUPLES – ENGAGEMENT – PRE-WEDDING – ANNIVERSARY
NATURAL, RELAXED AND FUN PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY THAT AUTHENTICALLY CAPTURES YOUR LOVE
Memories fade but pictures last forever – that’s the beauty of photography. Whether it’s a milestone occasion or a special moment in time, my images capture moments that you’ll treasure forever. What’s more, we’ll do it in a fun, relaxed and natural way!
A PORTRAIT SESSION WITH CHLOE INCLUDES:
→ 60 minute portrait session with Chloe at one location within 10 miles of RG22, Basingstoke
→ Beautifully presented password-protected cloud-based gallery
→ Easy ordering of professionally-printed products via your gallery
→ 50+ fully enhanced, watermark-free digital images in my signature style
*£500 when booked alongside wedding coverage.
BLACK AND WHITE IMAGES
All digital photos delivered in a timeless black and white edit as well as colour versions – £100
EXTENDED SHOOT AND/OR MULTIPLE LOCATIONS
Please get in touch for a bespoke quote.
If you’d like professional hair and make-up or perhaps some flowers, I can share my recommendations.
HOW DO WE BOOK?
Please use the contact form at the bottom of this page to enquire. I require a 25% non-refundable deposit to secure your booking. The remainder of your payment is due 14 days before your session.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Step 1 – Use the contact form at the bottom of this page to get in touch. I help you choose the perfect location for your shoot and answer any questions you have. I require a 25% non-refundable deposit to secure your booking. The remainder of your payment is due 14 days before your session.
Step 2 – We have a great time capturing some beautiful moments together! You go home happy and excited to see your photos!
Step 3 – Within 2 weeks of your shoot I’ll send you your fully edited online gallery, ready to download, print and share.
Step 4 – You love your photos and show them off to all of your family and friends!
WHERE DO THE SESSIONS TAKE PLACE?
Typically my sessions take place within 10 miles of Basingstoke, Hampshire. But I’m happy to travel! So if you want to meet me on the beach, in the mountains or on a plane to somewhere further afield, I’d be delighted to create a bespoke quote for you.
Normally my portrait sessions take place in beautiful outdoors locations because, quite simply, I believe it makes for better photos! Natural light coupled with a stunning environment is the perfect recipe for timeless, classic portraits. If you have a specific request for an indoors session, get in touch and let’s discuss it.
I’VE NEVER HAD A PROFESSIONAL PORTRAIT SESSION BEFORE. WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT? WHAT IF I REALLY DON’T LIKE POSING?
Don’t worry, I have a very warm, relaxed and fun shooting style! What’s more, I absolutely won’t expect you to know what to do! Part of my job as your Hampshire portrait photographer is to direct you throughout the session and make you look and feel your absolute best!
HOW MANY IMAGES WILL WE RECEIVE?
Every portrait session is different, but on average, a 60 minute portrait session will usually lead to a preview gallery of 50 – 60 beautiful images.
HOW AND WHEN WILL WE GET OUR IMAGES?
I always aim to deliver your final images as quickly as possible, usually within 2 weeks of your session date. This may vary during particularly busy periods.
If you need your photos by a specific date, please let me know upon booking.
WHAT SHOULD WE WEAR?
That’s entirely up to you, but I do have some helpful tips. Ultimately, the better you feel, the better your photos will be! So I recommend wearing an outfit that makes you feel good!
- Pick a common vibe – some people prefer a casual feel to their outfits, others choose to dress up. Whatever you pick, everyone in the session should wear a similar vibe to complement each other. The photos would look a little strange if one person is really dressed up but the others are in jeans!
- Consider a colour theme, but don’t match exactly – some degree of colour coordination is great, but you shouldn’t match your outfits (with the exception of young children…this can look very cute!).
- Limit patterns and lose the logos – Patterns, prints, logos and illustrations distract from the faces and personalities in photos and can appear quite overwhelming if there are lots of them! My advice is to avoid any logos or illustrations completely and limit patterned clothing to one (if a couple’s shoot) or two people (if a family shoot of 4+).
- Think about your location and the weather – what would suit the location of the shoot and the weather forecast for that day? For example, if your session is in a wheatfield on a warm August evening you might choose to go for a very summery outfit. Alternatively, if it’s a showery March afternoon, why not go for wellies and woolly hats?
- Organise your outfits – most people choose to stay in one outfit but you can absolutely change if you want to! That said, bear in mind that we’ll be outdoors so places to change will probably be limited.
- Accessorise! – Hats, jewellery, birthday crowns, etc, all look great in photos! Why not bring a few accessories with you and we can swap these in and out.
CAN WE BRING OUR DOG?
That depends, will your pooch sit and stay when asked? As an owner of two beautiful spaniels, I completely understand that they are part the family! Dogs can look wonderful in family portraits but it totally depends on how well-behaved they are. In the instance that you’re spending your session running around after Baxter who’s chasing rabbits, we definitely won’t be able to get as many great shots as we we’d like to.
If you do choose to bring your dog along, please let me know beforehand so that we can choose a particularly suitable and safe location. During the session the dog will be your responsibility at all times.
DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR SESSIONS WITH YOUNG CHILDREN?
Sessions with children are always filled with lots of laugher and giggles! Here are some tips to make sure it goes to plan:
- Think about the time of day – suggest a time of day that your little ones are usually at their happiest.
- Don’t forget wet wipes – like I even need to suggest this to any parents, right?! Little ones tend to gravitate towards mucky things so be ready to clean dirty hands and faces.
- Bring a couple of favourite toys – these can be a great way to get youngsters to look at the camera.
- Pack the snacks – a little mid-session snack break can work wonders if they start to get fed up.
- Most importantly, relax! – I’m a Mum. I know things don’t always go precisely as planned. So we’ll take it at their pace and have lots of fun along the way!
WHAT IF WE GET BAD WEATHER?
Don’t panic – I’m used to working in all types of conditions and we’ll create beautiful photos together whatever the weather! Having said that, I want to create the best possible images as much as you do! Certain weather conditions can make this very tricky. So if it’s forecast to be heavy rain or strong winds, it’s likely that I’ll recommend that we reschedule your session to another day.
In this instance, we’ll usually make the decision on whether to reschedule the day before your session if you have a morning booking, or the morning of your session if you have an afternoon or evening booking. If your session does need to be rescheduled, any money already paid is 100% transferable to a new date.
I ask that you be flexible on the day of your session as we may have to adjust the time slightly in order to avoid a shower or two.
CAN WE ORDER PRINTS?
Absolutely! I believe that photos deserve to be printed and enjoyed.
All of my images are digitally optimised, ready for printing. The platform I use to deliver online galleries is directly linked to a print shop, so you will be able to easily order prints, mounts, frames and canvases.
GET IN TOUCH TO BOOK
If you’d like to enquire about a portrait session with me, please get in touch using the form below.