A GUIDE TO
DESIGNING YOUR WEDDING ALBUM
A wedding album is something that you will treasure forever. It holds the memories of one of the happiest days of your life and will be passed down through the generations.
My albums are handmade in the UK using the finest materials in the most luxurious of finishes. They are designed to stand the test of time. The thick flushmount pages and white lay-flat core gives a timeless, stylish feel without compromising on an ounce of quality.
This page will guide you through the album design process to help you create the perfect keepsake.
PRICING & OPTIONS
You can find information about all of the options for size, finish, personalisation, number of spreads (double pages) and pricing on the album portal. As you work your way down through the options, more will appear. The portal automatically calculates the price for you as you go.
Please don’t submit your order through the portal until we have finalised your album design – it’s tricky to know exactly how many pages you’ll need in advance. Note that the portal will not request immediate payment – I’ll send you an invoice separately.
Replica albums are an exact copy of your wedding album, in either a full size or a smaller size. They make the perfect gift for loved ones.
Replica albums are priced with a discount. You will find an option near the bottom of the album portal to add replica albums to your order.
HOW MANY SPREADS & IMAGES?
A ‘spread’ is what you see when the album is open: a left and right hand page. Your album needs room to tell the story of the day in an aesthetically pleasing way, so I recommend on average 4 images per spread, or some may be so small they lose impact. You can expect to include approximately:
- 10 spread album = 40 images
- 15 spread album = 60 images
- 20 spread album = 80 images
- 25 spread album = 100 images
- 30 spread album = 120 images
- 35 spread album = 140 images
- 40 spread album = 160 images
If you haven’t already paid for your album or have album credit as part of your wedding package, a deposit of £100 will be due prior to commencing your design. The remainder of your balance will be due after we have finalised your design, prior to it being sent to print. Please note that album designs can only be sent to print once the full balance has been paid.
HOW IT WORKS & TIMELINE
Designing your album is really easy. We’ll follow the steps outlined below.
As you can imagine, I design a large number of albums each year. With that in mind, please note that there is a structure and timeline around the album design process. This ensures that I can give every couple the dedicated attention their album deserves, and no one is waiting too long to receive their album after the big day. Please bear in mind that, as per the terms of our contract (below), where an album has been purchased at the time of booking or album credit is included in the package, the album design must be finalised within 3 months of receiving the online gallery.
01. CHOOSE YOUR FAVOURITES
WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF RECEIVING YOUR GALLERY
Get started by selecting the images you’d like in your album. I’ll send you a link to do this through your online gallery. Bear in mind that higher numbers of images will require additional spreads, as per the guide above.
Please submit your selection within 4 weeks of receiving your final gallery.
02. DEPOSIT & DESIGN
WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF SENDING YOUR FAVOURITES & DEPOSIT
If your album hasn’t yet been paid for, I’ll send you an invoice requesting payment of your deposit. Within 4 weeks of payment, I’ll create a first draft of your album design using your favourites list.
03. REVIEW & COMMENT
AS QUICKLY AS WE POSSIBLY CAN!
After I’ve sent the first album design draft to you, you’ll have the opportunity for two rounds of review or a zoom design appointment to make sure that we get the design just perfect. Each subsequent round of review will incur a £100 fee.
04. SELECT YOUR FINISHES
COVER MATERIAL, PERSONALISATION & REPLICAS
Once we’ve finalised your design, you’ll submit your finish choices in the album portal. You’ll also have the opportunity to add replica albums to your order – perfect for loved ones.
Note that the portal will not request payment – I’ll send you an invoice separately.
05. PAYMENT, PRINT & DELIVERY
JUST 4 SHORT WEEKS LATER
Upon receipt of your balance payment, your album will be sent to be printed.
The album will be quality-checked at every stage to ensure it’s absolutely perfect. It will be delivered to you in a beautiful presentation box, usually within 4 weeks.
06. REMEMBER & REMINISCE
FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER
When your album arrives, pour a glass of bubbly and enjoy reliving the day. Then do it all over again as you share the memories with family and friends!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
(A REMINDER OF WHAT’S IN OUR CONTRACT)
1. Where an album has been purchased at the time of booking or is included in the package, the album design must be finalised with the Photographer within 3 months of the Client receiving the online gallery. After 3 months, there will be an additional admin fee of £100 which shall be payable before the album design is sent to print.
If, after 12 months of receiving the online gallery, the album design has still not been finalised as a result of Client inaction (including but not limited to: the Client not submitting images for the album design; the Client not submitting feedback on a draft album design; the Client not approving a draft album design for print), the Client will forfeit monies paid. No album shall be delivered and no refund shall be given.
2. Where album credit is included in the package at the time of booking, the album design must be finalised with the Photographer within 3 months of the Client receiving the online gallery. After 3 months, the album credit will be forfeited. No refund shall be given.
3. The Client agrees to provide their image selection to be included in the album design to the Photographer within 4 weeks of receiving the online gallery. The Photographer agrees to deliver to the Client the first version of the album design within 4 weeks of receiving the image selection and, where appropriate, deposit payment from the Client.
4. The Client shall have the opportunity for two rounds of review or one zoom design appointment with the Photographer to finalise the album design. Each additional round of review will be charged at £100.
5. Where the final album design includes options additional to those specified at booking (including but not limited to: extra spreads, personalisation and/or enhanced finishes), payment for the outstanding balance shall be due prior to the Photographer submitting the order to print.
6. Album credit is complimentary and cannot be exchanged for monetary value or other products or services.